Thursday, August 16, 2012

Classroom diversion at friends Utah cabin
My daily view in Utah of Mount Timpanogos

BYU Entrance ... The World is Our Campus

BYU welcome ... Enter to Learn, Go Forth to Serve
Time to relax by the stream at friends Utah cabin
I've completed my classes at BYU which were fantastic. We started each morning at 8:00 and didn't finish until about 8:30 each night.  My head was spinning but everything was new and exciting.  It was especially interesting to listen to people who grew up in China during the Cultural Revolution and were in Tiannamen Square.  I still have a lot to learn and my Chinese is only at a survival level. :-)  I will leave for China on August 21 and classes  begin August 27.  I'm excited to get started.


3 comments:

  1. What an adventure!!! Give me a call if you have a minute. Would love to see you before you leave. I talked with Patti last week and she told me that you were being kept VERY busy. Best of luck to you in China . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you and looking forward to "going along" via the blog!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Karla,
    We saw Susan Rugh last night at a History Dept. dinner, and she told us about your adventure in China! How exciting-- you will have a fabulous time. Bob and I went to Guangzhou (South China University of Technology) in 2007-8, and absolutely loved China and our students! We were scheduled to go back in the Fall of 2008, but Bob had surgery instead. He has had some health challenges (hip replacement and back surgeries), but we are hoping to be able to go on a mission before too long. George and Nancy Bayles are on a mission to South Carolina, and loving it. Have a most wonderful year -- I'll look forward to following your adventures!
    Lynda Westover

    ReplyDelete