Sunday, February 17, 2013

Happy Lunar New Year

Sorry I haven't posted for a few weeks but I often didn't have internet connections and could not get into my blog while traveling between semesters.  I actually spent the Lunar new year in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam (formerly Saigon).  Not as many fireworks as in China but still very festive.  The streets were packed with people, flowers, dragon dances on the streets, families taking pictures, music ... very festive.  In Xi'an my friends said the fireworks went all night but not as much as in past years because people were asked to limit them due to the pollution.  The Lantern Festival is next week so the city is decorated with thousands of red lanterns.  Should be fun.  I'll share more later of southern China, Hong Kong, Vietnam and Cambodia when my internet is back up.  Here are a few pictures of the new year celebration ... the year of the snake :-)


















No comments:

Post a Comment