Saturday, September 8, 2012

I went to a piano concert at another university last night ... the daughter of an Italian teacher.  The concert was great but I had to stand in the rain for 45 minutes trying to get a taxi.  Not exactly fun but I learned an important lesson ...  taxi's are hard to get when it's raining and I was charged twice as much as usual.  It's amazing how much you can learn when everything is new :-) 

I explored a new park this week after class.  It was about a 20 minute bus ride.  Going to the park I could sit but coming home, it was very crowded and I had to stand the whole time.  Standing was OK but it was a little tricky seeing out a window to know when to get off the bus.  Always an adventure :-)  The Big Wild Goose Pagoda is one of the most famous Buddhist pagodas in China and the park surrounding it is fabulous.  In half of the park you see many people and lots of activity but in the other half, it is quiet with lots of water flowing, quiet music playing and very peaceful and relaxing.  I hope you enjoy a few pictures.



The Big Wild Goose Pagoda

Dragon Lanterns throughout the park

One of my favorite areas of the park with relaxing music

As you can see, the greenery is very lush.
These girls wanted their picture taken with me.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Karla, It's so fun to be looking at your pictures and keeping up with you. How are you doing?? Everything looks great but obviously you are in a different country and things are a little unusual! I am going to send you some postcards as soon as we get settled. We are in Rexburg and working so hard to do too many things at once. We've moved into my mom's house and so I'm slowly cleaning things out so we can put our stuff in. Also doing a ton of cleaning, after being empty for a year the house is pretty dusty - Jere and I are sneezing a lot and taking allergy medicine all the time. And then there is just the build up of dirt over so many years. That makes me sad, I realize that since mom was not able to do much for a long time dirt has just built up. I would always try to clean things when I came to visit and we hired help for her but if just wasn't enough. Anyway, the adjustment is slow but coming along! I think about you often and am so excited for this experience. Thanks for keeping in touch! Lots of love to you, Kathy

    ReplyDelete